Friday, August 26, 2005

smells like popped collar

I came across an interesting situation this past weekend in which the “popped collar” as much as I despise its presence, actually illustrated an interesting cultural point. While visiting the more southern parts of our country, I was forced into an Abercrombie and Fitch store (quite possible the initiator of popped collars). During this visit, I did what any normal human being would do—
I surreptitiously weaved through mannequins, bending collars back and where they belong. I wiped the beads of sweat dripping off my forehead, and looked around disappointed that I couldn’t get them all. Then I noticed something. I questioned it. It turned out to be true.
Here in the south, only men pop- no female pop-age occurs in these parts.

1 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm too ashamed to even enter an A&F, but to go in there and pull off such an act deserves an award.

I swore that I've seen a female popper, but now that you mention it, I think it was when I was visiting a dear friend in Boston. I'm now devoting my life to finding a female popper, taking a picture, and then doing my best to de-pop the fempopper... popper-pop pop.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home