Thursday, November 17, 2005

this time (revisited)

last night in my dream we were making sweet love
and I called out your name to the stars just above
except it was daylight outside
because even my dreams
lie to me.

you had these strange spots on your face and neck
but I promised to love you even if you were sick
and you called me three times
in the exact same day
just to tell me you love
the way I stayed

strange that you felt so real on my lips
in the morning light I kissed the bone of your hip
and it was perfect just like
something never had
always is

and if you never have it,
it always is

in the morning I woke to that feeling again
like I’m standing outside and I’m looking in
to my own life which
hides and mysteriously
lies to me

all I have is this 2-D face in my mind
like a picture I’ve seen more than you and I find
it’s a different beat that breathes
and follows my feet
this time

this time

and I know now that it was just a dream
a manifestation of the subconscious I bring
to bed each night
so I have something to sleep
beside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home